Ancient Coin Specialist at NGC
NGC Ancients seeks an Ancient Coin Specialist to join our world-renowned team. Applicants must have a passion for ancient coinage and history and a functional knowledge of the subject. Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate and consistent results are essential. On-the-job training will be ongoing in this unparalleled learning and career opportunity.
Part of Certified Collectibles Group (CCG), NGC is the world’s largest and most trusted third-party grading service for coins, tokens and medals. It provides accurate, consistent and impartial assessments of authenticity and grade. Since its foundation in 1987, NGC has certified more than 55 million collectibles. NGC Ancients, a division of NGC devoted to ancient coins, identifies and grades most coins struck in the Western world from the origins of coinage through c. A.D. 500, as well as coins of the Byzantine Empire (A.D. 491-1453).
In this job you will:
- Examine some of the most valuable ancient coins in existence
- Attribute ancient coins
- Assist with workflow management
- Train in how to grade and authenticate
What will help you succeed:
- General working knowledge of ancient coinage and history
- Being organized and detail oriented
- Your ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Having a deep curiosity for learning
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Potential attendance at national trade shows